onsdag den 16. april 2008

Snerler og Valmuer

I like plants. They are green and funny and useful.
I like to work with them and use them for all kinds of things; like healing illness, spicing food, dyeing cloth, making essential oils and cosmetics, extracting perfumes and probably a lot more I just haven't mentioned.
I even like working with plants. You know preparing the soil, sow the seeds, caring for the plants and I even like to weed my garden (if I have a garden).

But I have never been very good with flowers. Not that I don't like flowers or that I'm allergic. It's just....
Flowers are OK I guess, but I'm just not very interested in flowers.
Yea, they have pretty colors and they smell nice, but I mostly see them as something which are on its way to become a very interesting seed!

Now seeds, corns, nuts and that stuff, thay are funny!

But after all my grumbels about my lack of interest for flowers I have to tell that there are two flowers I really love.

I just adore the Poppy. And I prefer it with its Danish name: Valmue

(''val'' means numb or battlefield...both things fit, I loke when the name of the plant fits its qualities. Like you can get morphine from poppies therefore is numbness related to the plant. And you often see poppies on battlefields. Numbnes and battles have something to do with valor too. You feel like a hero on heroine (and heroine is derived from morphine for those who've forgotten that.))

No reason other than it's impossible to pick a bunch of Poppy flowers! The leaves fall off immediately after the flower is picked.
That's so adoring somehow.

The other flower i like is morning glory. Here too i prefer the the Danish name: Snerle

(It has something to do with ensnare or allure. And the flower is alluringly beautiful and it's a weed who ensnare other plants to get up to the sun.)

I just like that plant. No rasons I guess....

Ingen kommentarer: